Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hiking the Stawamus Chief in British Columbia - Spring 2013

One of my goals is to hike a mountain every summer. This wouldn't be a goal if I lived in a place with actual mountains, but I live in flat-semi-hilly Ontario. I love mountains. I grew up in Caracas, a city surrounded by enormous mountains, where the Avila is revered as our watchful patron. Moving to Southern Ontario has made me realize how much I miss hiking mountains and appreciate the opportunities for doing so.
Caracas, my hometown.
This spring I went to Vancouver (my absolute favourite city) to visit friends, eat seafood, and most importantly reach a mountain top. My friend Julia, G and I hiked the Stawamus Chief in Squamish. This was a moderately challenging hike with unbelievable 360 views of the Howe sound, mountains and forest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment